Saturday, March 21, 2009

La vida...

Life is grand and now my roommate has to leave me! We spent our last week doing fun things like going to the horse races and our last liquid free beer night. On Thursday we both planned to call in sick because it was going to be our last day to do something together before her parents got here. We got up late, ate empanadas in bed, and went shopping...she is a great shopping partner which is always fun to find. She bought lots of stuff since she wanted to add to her Buenos Aires wardrobe before she went home, and I found a new pair of jeans. They feel very european in that they are skinny skinny jeans but I like them. They are considered to be designer jeans here and the most expensive pair of jeans you could probably find is about 400 peso which is a little over 100 dollars. Its too bad designer jeans from the states couldn't be more reasonably priced! Anyways, enough about shopping...we had a great dinner nearby and had a really good fake sick day.

At work on Friday, like every friday, I made lunch for everyone. I decided on hamburger pie since it is my favorite and when I put the mashed potatoes on top, I spelled out AE for Argentina Exchange. Everyone was so impressed and they took pictures and everything. That night Ariane and I had another nice dinner at this new restaurant near our house and then met up with our friends and on our way to this club there were two guys that asked our cab driver how to get to a certain club. So our cab driver told them not to go to that club, come to the club that the two cute girls in his cab were going to...so they ended up following us to the club! And then it was kind of awkward when we first met, but they were nice and cute, but they went in before us and then we didnt want to pay the 70 peso cover, so we never saw them again. It would have been a better story if we had fallen in love all due to our cab driver, but it was still funny that they actually followed us to the club. We ended the night at this bar near our house which I am now in love with...it reminds me of a college bar because it was nothing special inside, just a bunch of people hanging out and then a few people dancing. Who knew that I would crave a night in a dive college bar!

No comments: