Friday, March 27, 2009

La vida...

The next few weeks I was without my girlfriends but I did manage to find a new roommate! His name is Brighton and he had been staying at the Argentina Exchange apartment but wanted to find a new place. Luckily, he moved in the same day that Ariane left. This is my first experience living with a boy that is not my brother or dad, but he is actually quite clean and the second night he was there I came home to dinner waiting on the table for me! I think it will all work out just fine:) Friday night at Argentina Exchange was a big party that we had been working on for the last few months and I got to be bartender. There are about 8 french people that work with me, and individually, they are all nice, but as a whole, live up to their reputation. I loved being a bartender but then got booted to other stupid jobs like the coat check and check-in. These were not my jobs but some others decided that they wanted to take over my job, quite frustrating. But, overall it was a good night.

Another fun event was getting locked out on Monday. Once you close my front door, it automatically locks and as I just closed it, I realized my keys were inside and my roommate was already gone. Normally this wouldn't be a huge problem, but I had no phone at the time and he does not have a cell phone. So I left him an email, but as he never went home during the day, never got it. I got home and didn't know where he was so I tried to get the door open with the help of the door man but no luck. I went to the cafe, luckily I had my laptop for entertainment and was trying to make plans in the event that Brighton didn't come back until late that night. I had gone out to lunch with this guy I met on the bus the week before and he wanted to go out again, so, in my distressed state, I turned to him for something to do. I ended up finding Brighton before that and getting into the house, but I felt bad and still went out with him. And here is how the date went: He showed up in a sleeveless shirt, the kind a meathead wears to show off his guns. I wanted to turn around right then and walk back inside. As we are walking to the restaurant, he kept grabbing me while we crossed the street like I needed protection. I just wanted to say, look chico, i walk these streets everyday and I manage to do just fine. Then, we sit down in a restaurant and we start talking. I knew that he had been married, but as I am asking him about the divorce process here, he told me that they still had not gotten a divorce, they were still married. Strike 1 (the others I could get over if the date went well). Then he started bragging about how many friends he has and how he always has a million things to do. Strike 1.5. Then he started talking about his workout routine and how he likes to always keep a 6 pack. Strike 2. THEN, here's the real kicker, he told me that his friends always tell him that he must have been a stripper in his past life because of the sexy way he dances. STRIKE 3. you're out. Check please. I do not think I will be seeing him again.

Tuesday was a much better evening...I made taco tuesday for my friend Danny. His job at work is to find housing so our deal was that if he found me a roommate, I had to make him dinner. So, taco tuesday it was. My friend Travis from SCU was in BA again, so he came for dinner too. All was delicious as every taco tuesday is and we played poker after. I do miss my girlfriends but it is fun to hang out with guys too...a bunch of girls would never just be sitting and decide to play poker. We can just chat away the evening without any other entertainment. But, I like both so it was a good change of pace!

I ended my career at Dimnet on Thursday, and brought cupcakes in to celebrate. Everyone was quite taken aback because they had no clue what they were! I told Conor and he was shocked (and mad he didn't get to eat the cupcakes). I had a good experience at Dimnet overall, but I have no desire to go into web design, that is for sure.

Finally on Saturday, Ariane and Annalise came back to me! It was Ariane's last night before she really left to go home and Annalise was done travelling. We went to our favorite bar, Sugar, and stayed out til 8:30 in the morning. I spent the whole next day in bed with Annalise. My body simply can't handle those nights anymore, I was exhausted all the way through Tuesday. To end the weekend (and to leave the house at least once on Sunday) we ate gnocchis because it was the 29th. We found this great little hole in the wall restaurant with amazing gnocchi for so cheap. We all said goodbye to Ariane for real this time and we were all sad to see her go!

No comments: