Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Cait/Kate/lin/lyn's take on BA!

After Fede's asado, we went to a club, I went home from the club, and then Omar the taxi driver came to pick me up right away to go get Katelyn at the airport. I am sure I was quite the site to see while waiting for her at the airport, but what are you gonna do. I made her take a nap with me for a whole 2 hours and then we got up and went to San Telmo and a Tango show at Cafe Tortoni. I took her to La bomba del tiempo and the next day to La estancia. It was a farm outside of the city and it was gorgeous. We were the only guests there so we were treated like queens! Our room was upgraded, we had a fire going the whole time, we got to ride horses (kinda...the horses didn't really like us!), watched polo, and got served meal after meal. I went on a run the next morning and I finally was breathing fresh air and the only thing I could hear were cows and sheep. What a change from the big city.

I took Katelyn to Liquid, the club with free beer on Wednesdays. And boy did she take advantage. She might have had one too many though and then the rest of the night went downhill. Lets just say she was asked to leave and I got to be the lucky one to take her home. lol. The next night we had a Postre party at our house and all of our friends brought their favorite dessert. It was fun but by the end of the night Annalise and I were making rice with soy sauce cuz we were so sweeted out. There was even voting and prizes for the winner. Brighton, my roommate, is all about the theme parties so we have had one almost every week.

Friday, Kate and I went over to my old office, Dimnet, and celebrated Annalise's last day of work. We had sangria and hung out with the coworkers which was interesting to see them in a social setting. We went out to sugar that night and katelyn continued to enjoy her stay in Buenos Aires;D We all ate takeout on my bed the next day and didn't leave until it was time for the next party...a beer pong party! Another all argentine party with katelyn and I and so I had to be the teacher of the beer pong. I even managed to talk shit in spanish (my favorite part of the whole game). To end the whole perfect weekend, we went to a River Plate futbol match. We were sitting in a calmer section than I did at the Independiente game, so it was different but still amazing. I love futbol.

Katelyn was off the next day and I think she had a fun time...I was glad I got to show her Buenos Aires from more of the "Portena" view. She even got to practice her spanish a lil and I was so glad my friend from home got to see my life here. Now I can't wait to get home and see all my friends and fam in one week!!!!

No comments: