Tuesday, April 28, 2009

La vida...

Well, lets see what have I done that is interesting. Annalise and I went to Uruguay for a couple days. We had different boat trips to get there since it was so booked up, but she stood on stand by and at the last minute got on the boat and surprised me. It was meant to be. We were nervous about where to meet and what to do if not since our phones didn't work but everything works out in the end. We went to Colonia and ate, then went to Montevideo and ate some more. We even got to go to this market that you could sit at a bar and order whatever steak you wanted. I guess we ate at the same one that Anthony Bordaine ate at. I guess he is some famous travel channel man and Annalise and this other touristy american woman were all excited about it. It was a fun, relaxed trip, but we left with about 20 mosquito bites each from our hostel. yuck.

What else. I took another week of school to prepare for the test I am going to take that proves I can speak spanish as a second language. My teacher was super fun and we talked lots about celeb gossip. I even brought her one of my magazines and she was in heaven. We also talked about Argentine men and how they always hoot and holler at you on the street. The other day this man told me something about eating chicken out of my hand when i walked by. I knew it was supposed to be something flattering but was so confused, why the heck would u want to eat chicken out of my hand??? I then asked my friend from here and he told me what they really said, "estas mas buena que comer pollo de la mano" which means you are better than eating chicken from my hand (i guess they love eating chicken with their hands? weird i know.) My friend told me to reply, "no te toco ni con un palo" which means i wouldnt even touch you with a stick! haha kind of harsh but funny. I still haven't said that to anyone, it might be too mean.

I went to my first real asado (bbq) at my friend Federico's house. He made every kind of meat there is and we all sat around, ate meat, drank some drinks, and it was so fun. I also went to a party at my other friend, Guillermo's, house and it was the first time I was with only people from Argentina. I loved it because I got to speak spanish the whole night and see how they party. Usually I am with people from all over and we are speaking broken spanish to each other or the others speaking broken english (who i am kidding, my english is pretty broken these days too!).

No comments: